Sunday, May 18, 2008

$702 Road Trip

This past weekend, Baby Milliken went to his cousin Anna's 5th birthday party. The journey to the party was a little traumatic. Unfortunately, the muffler partially detached from my car when I was only thirty miles away from my brother's house AND my cell phone had died AND I was alone, so basically I was a pathetic crying pregnant woman on the shoulder of the highway until a nice state trooper pulled over and helped me out (amazing how cops suddenly become your best friends when you need them). The cop put me in touch with AAA and my family, and I was soon safely out of harm's way. But needless to say, I've decided to buy a cell phone charger for the car AND avoid solo trips.
Here's a photo of my shiny new muffler:

1 comment:

Michael Hehir said...

The immortal words of Captain Malcolm Reynolds have already been used ("Shiny!"), so I was asking Anna what sort of witty comment I should make. We couldn't think of anything, but I'd like to remind everyone that we did pick you up eventually. (What's an hour or two on the side of the highway?)