Thursday, June 12, 2008

Baby Milliken's Crib

Plan A: Our original crib plan was just to use our niece Anna's old crib, but the day after we toted her crib from Niskayuna, NY to Waltham, MA....Anna's parents found out they were having another baby!

Plan B: Grandma and Grandpa Hehir offered to buy us a new crib with bedding to match. We chose this beautiful pine crib:



(I know the bumper's kind of ugly, but it's "breathable" and therefore helps prevents SIDS. And yes, I know that blankets and big teddy bears are also bad for SIDS, but they're just for the photo shoot.)

Now the nursery's really coming together! We also bought a matching dresser:




Hope everyone living on the East Coast survived the horrible heat wave. I really struggled through it and thought that my relatively easy pregnancy was officially over, and I could only expect two months of pure torture...but it passed and I feel so much better now!

2 comments:

Michael Hehir said...

The nursery is looking great!

Can you paint our last bedroom? I always get sidetracked.

This is how things usually go in our house:

Tina: "Mike, can you paint the last bedroom?"

Mike: "Sure. First I have to rip out the old closet. Then I have to refinish the floor. I should probably rewire a few of the outlets. The windows need to be reglazed and painted. (Replacing them is too expensive - and, more importantly, too easy!)"

Tina: silence

Mike: "Um, what was the question again?"

Stefanie said...

The nursery looks amazing, I love the two-tone walls! The furniture is beautiful also. Do you feel ready to bring home the baby?