Friday, August 8, 2008

Due Date

Hard to believe that Luke was supposed to arrive today. We sure are glad he decided to show up early. But can I just say that I am jealous of Clay Aiken now, because his son was born at 8:08 am on 08/08/08.

Yesterday Mike and Anna came over to help out and visit with their new nephew/cousin. Anna helped by cutting out photos of people (one of our baby books says that babies like looking at faces) and drawing pictures for Luke’s nursery. Mike helped with yard work, errands, and baby announcements. Since Jamie went back to work Thursday and Friday for a half day, it was nice to have the company and the help.

Today I was on my own, so I had to be a little more creative. It wasn’t too bad, but an early afternoon eat-poop-clean-eat-clean-poop-clean mini marathon tired me out a bit. Plus in the morning we had a scare because Luke was projectile vomiting. We went to the doctor’s though, and he assured us that this was okay and somewhat normal, and as long as it didn’t continue, we shouldn’t be worried. Thankfully, my mom will be here next week to help out and provide adult conversation.


Look, I found my fingers


Anna kept saying "Luke's so cute" but once she said, "Sophie's going to be even cuter." (Sophie is her future sister) When she heard my gasp of horror though, she quickly covered for herself, ..."because Sophie's going to be smaller!" Smart girl...


Luke practices looking at stimulating black and white designs.


Anna goes to town on the magazines


If you've got to be sick, be sick in style.


I tried my first solo walk today!

3 comments:

Marcus Howell said...

He's soooo freakin cute!

Michael Hehir said...

I can't say it any better than Marcus.

I hope the little guy is feeling better.

venetta said...

Congratulations to both of you, Catherine and Jamie!Luke was born the day we arrived in Ireland so that surely t'was a sign he was blessed by the luck o' the Irish. We had just stepped out of Dublin's spectacular version of River Dance when the cell phone rang and your mom gave us the good news, Catherine! He is a real beauty and we can't wait to meet him in person! Much love to all of you!
Venetta