Friday, March 21, 2008

20 Weeks...halfway there!


Yesterday, I went to my second ultrasound, because in the first ultrasound (at 18 weeks) the ultrasound technician wasn't able to see all of Baby Milliken's spine. This ultrasound wasn't nearly as exciting , and was more "goal based" and "focused" than the first (i.e. no lingering over the images or laughing as Baby M nearly kicked himself in the head). In fact, I managed to doze off a bit in the darkened room, with the fans whirring, and the warm goo on my stomach...nevertheless, it was reassuring to see Baby M wiggle and hear that everything is "going great." Baby M weighs 12 ounces (how they figure that out, I haven't a clue), which is bigger than what the baby books average for 20 or 21 weeks (uh-oh, I had a feeling this would be a big baby) and his due date was adjusted to August 6th. (Same day as his Aunt Tina's birthday!)


In other news, tonight I'll be watching my alma matter Mount Saint Mary's take on the Tar Heels in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Yes, I know a 16 seed has never beaten a #1 seed, and they haven't really got a chance, but it is exciting nevertheless! Go Mount!

1 comment:

nanny and papa milliken said...

August 6th is a wonderful date! Not only is it Aunt Tina's birthday but also Jamie's Grandpap Moore's birthday and his Grandma and Grandpap Moore's anniversary day. Can't wait to meet dear little baby boy Milliken whenever he arrives!!!!
Nanny Milliken