Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Encouraging Prognosis

I went to the doctor's today and she thinks I'll be having the baby within the week! I'll spare you the details, but based on my symptoms and her examination of me, she thinks he's ready to go. Now I have learned from friends (most notably Jen D--thirteen days late) to be suspicious of doctors who raise your hopes of an early delivery, but I got the "final talk"--pack your bag, this is when to call, etc.--and her last words to me were "I'm on call Saturday, that would be a good day to do it", so that's gotta mean something, right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes! That definitely means something! From what I've been told, start doinf as much walking as you can & eat lots of Pineapple, Spicy Foods, Chinese Food, Eggplant Parmesan & Licorice (known to help naturally induce labor)! Good luck! We're praying for you!

nanny and papa milliken said...

Send pictures as soon as possible... not that we're excited or anything!

Michael Hehir said...

This probably won't help, but Tina's last meal before rushing to the hospital was a large serving of paella with everything in it. Mmm, paella...