Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Visit from Grandma and Grandpa/Still No Baby

My parents came up from New Jersey for a few days last week for a couple of reasons: 1. I wanted them to see our new house before it was overshadowed by the arrival of our son and 2. Because my mom wanted to see me in my very pregnant state. They came up Wednesday morning, which is when my OB told me I was probably going to deliver within a week (it's Tuesday and I'm still waiting...) so as soon as they arrived, we started obsessing about when they should go home. Should they stick around until the baby is born? We wouldn't want them to drive home only to have to come back the following day. But this could mean they might be here until August 20 (two weeks after due date--yikes!) In the end, they decided to go home, which is a good thing because the baby is not here yet, and I have decided to completely ignore my doctor's prognosis since it turned me into an obsessive freak.

Our visit was lovely--mom now knows where everything is so she can help out when baby's born, and my dad enjoyed spending his days reading and searching for properties. Dad and I also bonded over the hysterical TV show "The Greatest American Dog." We managed a trip to Moody Street, Davis Square, Prospect Hill Park, Pizzi Farms, and the DeCordova museum, as well as a few neighborhood walks. Okay, more than just a few because I really wanted to induce labor.

2 comments:

Michael Hehir said...

If you haven't given birth by next week, we're taking you out to get some paella. I'm telling you, it's good stuff.

Stefanie said...

"I have decided to completely ignore my doctor's prognosis since it turned me into an obsessive freak."

Good idea! I'm surprised your doctor made any kind of prediction at all. My doctor told me that there is absolutely no way to know even though there are signs of "progress". Just relax and let the baby come when he's ready.